Ghana Cultural Ambassador Scholarship
The Ghanaian Women’s Association of Georgia launched the annual Ghana Cultural Ambassador Scholarship as part of its 10th-anniversary celebrations held in December 2017. The purpose of the award is to honor female students who are residents of the state of Georgia, and who can demonstrate their potential to use entrepreneurship as a way to promote the Ghanaian culture, as well as community development.
Who is Eligible to Apply:
- Age: 18-22
- Ethnicity: African and/or African American of Ghanaian descent
- Residency: State of Georgia
- Award Amount: $500.00 for Georgia and GHS500 for Ghana Residents Respectively
- Frequency: Yearly
- Renewable?: No
How to Enter:
- Complete an application form and submit it together with a 2-paged (Times New Roman, 12-font, typed, and double-spaced) essay, on why you qualify as a cultural ambassador. Any essay less than two pages or more than two pages will be rejected.
Choose one of the two Essay topics below:
- How I can uplift and promote the Ghanaian culture in the Diaspora through entrepreneurship.
- The role of Ghanaian entrepreneurs in community development
Very Important: Ideas expressed in the essay MUST be your own original ideas and not plagiarized. In fairness to other applicants, Plagiarism Checker will be used to validate your work.
- Provide two (2) references – one from each of the following sources:
- An organization that you belong to or which allows you to participate in community service
- A teacher, administrator, counselor, professor, dean at your current institution who can vouch for your character and educational goals
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in a tertiary educational institution or be in 12th Grade at a High School in order to apply.
- Send all entries to email@example.com by the given deadline. Applications received later than that will not be considered.